Snapshot Interactive is looking for a Technical Lead with a self-driven work ethic and is motivated to make a big impact in a small environment. The primary focus of this position is leading and inspiring our web and technology teams and ensure the fulfillment of client web application development. We live to OVER-DELIVER inspirational solutions. You may be the right person for us if you:
- Are upbeat – Meaning that you come to Snapshot with a positive attitude and desire to improve 1% each week.
- Own your work – From your first day, you are the type of individual that takes ownership of your projects and goes above and beyond for all our clients.
- Enjoy a challenge – Our deliverables and service standards are always changing, and new projects kick off daily. You stay ahead of the curve and enjoy learning more about the industry to help educate our clients and stay “in the know.”
DESCRIPTION + REQUIREMENTS:
As technical lead, you will be responsible for establishing short- and long-term operational, human capital, technology execution, new business, and account growth plans to grow our technology and web services department successfully. While you run the technology services of Snapshot, we’ll need you to support our accounts and sales teams as we identify, pursue and close opportunities for local, regional, and national accounts that are aligned with the agency’s long-term strategic goals.
We’re looking for someone excited to invest and grow with us, ready to dive in and make immediate improvements to our products and processes by leading and inspiring our amazing team. Please work with us on interesting things that matter!
Here are the most critical areas the Technical Lead is responsible for:
- Lead and grow our engineering team by effective hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Provide technology and web engineering strategy with a clearly defined roadmap for our clients
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders
Required Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the technology, engineering, or information technology field with at least the last five years of supervisory experience of a technology-related department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent training/certification
- Expertise is required in managing medium-to-large computer network environments.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory, Barracuda Spam Filters, Proxy Servers, DNS, Linux, server virtualization, TCP/IP networking, VPN and Firewalls, and enterprise disaster and recovery
- Deep understanding of software requirements for assessment, evaluation, and selection methodologies for both software development platforms and software
- Familiarity with a range of CMS platforms, particularly WordPress and HubSpot
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language
- Experience in leading the migration from legacy systems to current solutions
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent attention-to-detail
Technical Leads are responsible for creative touches with the creative internal team, scheduling all tasks in Monday.com, ensuring hours for creative are being tracked daily (weekly at least), and communicating with the accounts team on all active projects.
Ultimately responsible for project creation and delivery of the final product.Download PDF