SnapShot Interactive is looking for a Contract to Hire Cinematographer/Editor who has the ability to join our organization and make an immediate impact and help us ensure we meet our Core Purpose with every project – We live to OVER-DELIVER inspirational solutions. You may be the right person for us if you:
- Are upbeat – Meaning that you come to SnapShot with a positive attitude and desire to improve 1% each week.
- Own your work – From your first day you are the type of individual that takes ownership of your projects, and goes above and beyond for all our clients.
- Enjoy a challenge – Our deliverables and service standards are always changing and new projects kick off daily. You stay ahead of the curve and enjoy learning more about the industry to help educate our clients and stay “in the know”.
SnapShot Interactive is a full-service digital agency bridging the gap between high-quality video production, award-winning website design and creative online marketing strategies. We help our clients, big and small, showcase their companies and products to the world in a fresh, engaging way.
We have a heavy, consistent project load and our Cinematographer/Editor needs to be able to hit the ground running. If you’re looking for a company that will stretch your creative abilities and teach you the entrepreneurial spirit, you belong here. Our team is self-motivated, disciplined, and all have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Salaried position with pay depending upon experience
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance policy
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- 8 paid holidays, 10 days vacation and 1-week personal paid time off
- Retirement plan after one year of employment
- And more…
DESCRIPTION + REQUIREMENTS
Snapshot is looking for someone to grow in a fast paced, fun and extremely collaborative environment. The perfect person would be someone who can take a project from start to finish while continuing to find ways to improve and hone their skills. A fun and solution based attitude goes a long way working with coworkers on sets with clients. A typical day could be at the computer editing, coming up with creative or out on set shooting or assisting depending on the project scope.
You have a flexible schedule, as nights and weekends are sometimes required based on the availability of our clients. While we do our best to schedule shoots within regular business hours, it’s not always possible. We do offer added compensation for weekend hours and the ability to turn extra working hours into paid time off. You’re enthusiastic about joining a team that values the artistry of video production.
Here are the three most critical areas the Cinematographer/ Editor will be responsible for:
- Generate ideas and concepts based on creative brief or project themes–Responsible for developing and producing video and photography content for clients, in multiple formats including online web clips, corporate videos, webcasts, product videos and live events. This role will help conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets into high-quality content that supports client objectives.
- Have a storytelling mindset and know how to select and utilize the right cinematic tool to capture creative visuals and “shoot like an editor”– You have superior creative vision and experience in cinematography/videography. You can execute grip work including lighting, studio work, and setting up backdrops, to name a few. You have experience recording audio on shoots in a variety of settings including in studio, on location, and on a multitude of sets.
- Have a strong affinity for rhythmic editing and be able to identify and create the right mood and tone to fit the feel of the story – You’re proficient in After Effects and Adobe Premiere CC, and have a solid understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator. You are well-versed in using editing tools including Adobe Professional Suite, and creating graphics packages (lower thirds/title slates/light animation).
Required Experience & Skills:
- Have over 5 years working as a one (wo)man-band as a video extraordinaire with excellent examples of concepting, visual storytelling and scriptwriting and the ability to back it up
- Have over 3 years of editing experience using Premiere Pro
- Have a storytelling mindset and know how to select and utilize the right cinematic tool to capture creative visuals and “shoot like an editor.”
- Have a strong affinity for rhythmic editing and be able to identify and create the right mood and tone to fit the feel of the story
- Exhibit an openness to learning new techniques, constantly pushing individual creativity and the creativity of others around
- Understands the inner workings of being on a set; behind the camera is a must
- Can pitch to clients and communicate with coworkers clearly and candidly
- Loves traveling to beautiful cities across the country
- Thinks collaboration is a cornerstone of self-improvement
- Is able to maintain ownership of individual projects while working on collaborative projects at the same time
- Is able to shift gears from one project to the next and produce high quality work with a quick turnaround
- Be able to work effectively both alone and as part of a team, while constantly expanding and adapting a skillset.
- Be a team player who can operate positively and effectively with a diverse group of clients, co-workers and leadership.
- Have great communication skills, able to develop ideas and apply creative thinking to business issues.
- Work collaboratively alongside the broader University Relations video team, as well as a creative team that includes art directors, photographers, illustrators, web developers, writers and designers.
- Bring a cinematic mind-set to everyday video projects, able to bring corporate, academic and technical stories to life visually and with emotion.
- Strive to elevate every project to its highest creative quality while meeting deadlines.
- Have skills to adapt to working under constraints that may include less than ideal lighting and shooting situations.
- After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D and basic web knowledge a plus
- Can produce projects from concept to completion with strong shooting, lighting and editing skills