SnapShot Interactive is looking for a Contract to Hire Cinematographer/Editor who has the ability to join our organization and make an immediate impact and help us ensure we meet our Core Purpose with every project – We live to OVER-DELIVER inspirational solutions. You may be the right person for us if you:
- Are upbeat – Meaning that you come to SnapShot with a positive attitude and desire to improve 1% each week.
- Own your work – From your first day you are the type of individual that takes ownership of your projects, and goes above and beyond for all our clients.
- Enjoy a challenge – Our deliverables and service standards are always changing and new projects kick off daily. You stay ahead of the curve and enjoy learning more about the industry to help educate our clients and stay “in the know”.
SnapShot Interactive is a full-service digital agency bridging the gap between high-quality video production, award-winning website design and creative online marketing strategies. We help our clients, big and small, showcase their companies and products to the world in a fresh, engaging way.
We have a heavy, consistent project load and our Cinematographer/Editor needs to be able to hit the ground running. If you’re looking for a company that will stretch your creative abilities and teach you the entrepreneurial spirit, you belong here. Our team is self-motivated, disciplined, and all have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Salaried position with pay depending upon experience
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance policy
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- 8 paid holidays, 10 days vacation and 1-week personal paid time off
- Retirement plan
- And more…
DESCRIPTION + REQUIREMENTS
We’d like for you to have a college degree and lots of prior production & post-production experience (unfortunately, making a home video doesn’t count). We’re seeking an A player that has been successful at pretty much anything they’ve undertaken in life. Editing experience within the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and other related software needed (see below).
This position involves lots of hands-on work as well as talking to awesome clients and making them feel good about working with us. SnapShot is a fast-paced team environment- so you need to be agile and enjoy working with others; 5+ years professional experience required.
Here are the three most critical areas the Cinematographer/ Editor will be responsible for:
- Develop high quality creative content and interact directly with account teams, creative and clients – All aspects of storytelling through the use of images, video, motion graphics/design and music by utilizing your skills in post-production with a clear expertise in editing
- Be the go-to Shooter/Editor (“Shreditor”) – Quality control for client deliverables and sharing knowledge with the team on advanced tips and tricks
- Stay abreast of new trends in content and technology – in the editing, motion graphics and video production communities and suggest and share new ways to implement these trends/technologies
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years’ experience as Cinematographer/Editor
- Nice to have motion graphics/design experience
- Must have experience with the Adobe platform to efficiently navigate projects – also a command in music, color and sound editing required
- Has excellent storytelling and concept skills
- Must be able to handle the pressure of fast paced, short deadlines as well as managing long term projects
- Must be able to work both independently as well as with other team members
- Strong understanding and knowledge of non-linear video and graphic production workflows, organization, and storage
- Strong understanding of the latest video compression techniques for web and broadcast delivery
- Strong visual design skills with respect to motion, composition, color, and effects
- Good client relations skills. Must be able to gain trust of production crew, creative/account teams and clients
- Familiarity with field production/direction techniques
- Familiarity with photography and photo editing is a plus
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and love of working with a creative team
- Attitude of jump in, research and fix issues